There is no doubt the dating rulebook has changed significantly over the years. Dating websites, apps, and social media have all been game changers for the dating scene. However, it seems that no matter how much we try to simplify the process, dating is still confusing. Maybe if we brought back the old-fashioned basics, it would be a little easier.
9 Old Fashioned Dating Habits That Need to Make a Comeback:
1. Good manners are important. Saying “please’ and “thank you” on a date will never go out of style.
2. Dress your best. This doesn’t mean dressed to the nines, it simply means you don’t show up on a date looking disheveled and unkempt.
3. Ignore your phone. If you really want the other person to know you care, ignore your phone and have an uninterrupted conversation with them.
4. Know when it’s time to move on. If there is no follow-up phone call, they aren’t that into you. No need to fantasize about what could have been and blow up their phone with calls and texts. Simply move on.
5. Be honest. You are grown adults, act like it. You should be beyond game-playing and leading someone on. Honesty is always the best policy.
6. Don’t offer too much, too early. Leave a little to the imagination. Don’t share your entire life story on the first date. There is something to having a little mystique about you.
7. Talk in person. Texting and social media messaging are so tempting, but talking in person is the only real way to get to know each other. Phone calls are nice too. Digital messaging just isn’t as direct and it leaves room for inaccurate interpretations.
8. Remember the little things. It’s the little things that mean the most to us. By remembering something simple like your date’s favorite chocolate or coffee will go a long way.
9. Have a plan. This is more for the guys, but don’t show up to a date with no idea of what you are going to do! If you want her to know you care, put forth the effort to plan something. If you aren’t sure what she would prefer, plan a couple different options and let her choose. But showing up and saying, “What do you want to do?” is annoying.
What old-fashioned dating habits do you think need to come back?
Image Source: Big Stock