If you are like most girls, you probably dry your hair with a blow-dryer most days. But did you know there is a right way to do it? We didn’t either. We are guilty-as-charged with jumping out of the shower and just going to town. But apparently that isn’t going to get the job done as well as it could be.
7 Blowdrying Mistakes You Are Probably Making:
1. You are using the wrong brush.
This really is important! The larger your brush, the smoother your hair will be. You should also keep in mind that if your brush is metal. your hair may be smoother, but your brush is basically acting as a flat iron and can cause more damage.
2. You start drying in the wrong place.
Start at the roots and roll the brush down to the ends. This lessens drying time significantly which lessens the exposure to heat.
3. Your hair is too wet when you start drying it.
Your hair should be more than half way dry when you start blowing. Obviously, this will cut down your drying time and save your tresses from unnecessary heat.
4. You have the heat setting set too high.
The heat levels are there for different types of hair. High heat is intended for coarse or really thick hair. Low is for thin or fragile hair or if your hair is just slightly damp. And if you’ve ever wondered what the “cool shot” button is, it is there to help seal the hair cuticle, setting your look with long-lasting hold. Who knew?
5. You aren’t using the right type of hair dryer.
Hair dryers are not the same.
- Ionic dryers allow your hair to dry faster because it using heat and force as well as technology that breaks water down.
- Ceramic dryers use infared heat with is non-damaging.
- Tourmaline hair dryers use infared heat and negative ions which make hair shinier and less frizzy.
6. You don’t use the attachments.
Girls with curly hair need to use the diffuser to help keep those curls intact. The concentrator is meant to direct air to prevent frizz.
7. You forget to use a heat protectant.
Yes, we know we say this in every article about styling your hair, but we do because it is so important to protect your hair from high heat. There are a lot of different ones out there so choose the one you like and works with your hair and use it!
Image Source: Big Stock