Eyeglasses can make a big impact on your appearance but the way you style your makeup really comes down to personal preference. Yes, it is tempting to put your glasses on and hide behind your frames with no makeup, but you really need to take the time to enhance your eyes. We understand that applying makeup when you wear glasses has a set of problems most people don’t think about. That’s why we made this handy little guide to help you out. These simple tricks will help you look your very best!
9 Makeup Tips For Girls Who Wear Glasses:
1. Buy a set of nice travel brushes.
The handles are shorter and won’t hit the mirror causing you to poke your eye while you are trying to apply makeup.
2. Purchase volumizing mascara, not lengthening.
It will actually make your lashes long and they will annoyingly scrape the inside of your lenses every time you blink.
3. Eyeshadow primer keeps your glasses from sliding down your nose.
Apply a bit to the bridge of your nose and dust with a little powder. Glasses will magically stay in place.
4. Use a yellow-toned concealer under your eyes.
Your frames will cast a shadow right where you don’t want them to. A yellow concealer will counteract the shadow.
5. Pay attention to your brows.
Your glasses frame your face, but your brows frame your glasses. Fill them in and deepen the color so they will pop.
6. Wear a bold lipstick and you won’t have to wear much eye makeup.
This is one of our favorite looks!
7. Or play up your eyes with a deep, smokey look and wear nothing more than lip gloss.
You just can’t do both your eyes and lips at the same time.
8. If you wear colored frames, coordinate your look.
Pink frames, pink lips. Who can go wrong with that?
9. Your eyeliner should mimic your frames.
If you have thick frames, a thick line looks amazing! But if you have a thin frame, keep the liner thin.