Bobby Flay Made A Joke About Quitting “Iron Chef” And It Went Very Poorly

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
origin-7746

Over the summer, while filming new episodes of Bobby Flay’s hit show “Iron Chef,” Bobby reportedly tore off his apron in the middle of the battle to show off a shirt that read “THIS IS MY LAST IRON CHEF BATTLE EVER” as he walked off set.

Now, Bobby Flay is saying the entire stunt was simply a joke gone wrong.


“This past summer when I was in production on “Iron Chef Showdown,” I wore a T-shirt to have a little fun during my last battle this season. In hindsight, it was probably not the best decision because it’s just creating confusion,” Flay said in a statement to People.

“Food Network has been part of my family for over 20 years and will absolutely continue to be,” he said.

The network has not confirmed if the program will premiere as planned on November 8 as the episode features chef John Besh, who resigned from his own company earlier this week after allegations that he enabled a culture of sexual harassment in his restaurants came to light. It’s also not known if the network will blur the message on Flay’s shirt (or if the episode will appear at all), but here’s to hoping!

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on google
Google+