Not a single family holiday went by without my family making up a batch of this delicious broccoli bacon pasta salad (sans the bacon because of some of my vegetarian family members). I’m not an enormous pasta salad fan, but this one combines delicious comfort food like bacon and ranch with the stuff you’d normally find in salads, making for something that’s pretty hard to stop eating. Try it out and see if it becomes your new favorite way to eat broccoli.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched and chopped into smaller bites
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sweet peas, cooked
- 8 oz pasta shells, cooked
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoons dry Ranch mix, or more, to taste
Combine broccoli, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, peas, and pasta shells in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir.
Add salad dressing to bowl, stir, and enjoy!