As weather warms across the south, I want to spend my free time outside with something cold, sweet and refreshing. Most people would point to clear alcohols. Not me. I’m of the Ron Swanson school. But that doesn’t mean your drink has to be stuffy or stiff.
The Brown Derby is a bourbon based cocktail perfectly suited for sipping out of a Mason jar on a cool evening or Sunday brunch. Grapefruit is a perfect compliment to the smooth heat of bourbon
- 2/3 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- Grapefruit wedges and peel for garnish
- 2 mason jars
1. Mix: Pour grapefruit juice and honey into a cocktail shaker. Stir until honey is liquified. Add bourbon and ice.
2. Shake: Seal the cocktail shaker and shake for at least 15 seconds.
3. Pour: Add ice to two mason jars. Put chunks of grapefruit on top of the ice. Strain the cocktail into the two glasses and garnish with twists of grapefruit peel.