Whether you get it or not, you know that at Chipotle guacamole is extra. I know, and for me it is worth the up-charge. Chipotle does it right: great ingredients, made fresh, and just the right amount of seasoning. On top of that, they aren’t stingy. They have shared their “Not-So-Secret Guacamole” recipe on their website. It could not be easier!
Head to you local grocery, find the best ingredients, and get mashing. And you better hurry–over 81 million avocados will be eaten this Cinco de Mayo and you don’t want to be stuck with the leftovers.
Chipotle’s Not-So-Secret Guacamole Recipe:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the outside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit.
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or pestle, mash until your desired consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste test the guacamole until it is all gone.