There’s nothing quite like Southern pulled pork in the summertime. But, who has the time to cook one? Very few of us can sit in front of a grill or smoker for hours, much less the expertise to get it tight. But if you have a crock pot, you can make a great pulled pork with no expertise and minimal attention. With a crock pot, you can slow cook dinner while at work or running errands giving you rich, filling meals with little to no thought.
This recipe is a backyard BBQ hack; simple pulled pork with an unbeatable flavor. The balsamic glaze gives the pork an added sweetness and kick which rounds out the full flavor of the entree. All you need is ten minutes before work and a little attention before serving. This is as easy as it gets!
Pulled Pork Tenderloin Ingredients:
- 2 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Rub the pork tenderloin with the dried sage, salt, pepper, and garlic until it is uniformly covered.
2. Pour the water and cider vinegar into your crock pot and set the pork tenderloin in the liquid. Set your pot to low and cook for 8 hours. During the last hour of cooking, regularly baste the tenderloin with the balsamic glaze (2-4 times).
3. Remove the glazed tenderloin from the crockpot and let it rest on a cutting board or serving platter for 10 minutes before serving. Pull apart the tenderloin with a fork and drizzle the remaining glaze over the meat. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
1. Mix the all the ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.