I love the way mercury glass looks. It’s a great option for a neutral piece of decor that you can use in so many ways. In fact, mercury glass was one of the main pieces of decor at my wedding reception.
This DIY Faux Mercury Glass tutorial is easy to follow and allows you to turn any piece of glassware into a beautiful display without having to spend an arm and a leg.
Easy DIY Faux Mercury Glass Tutorial:
- Glass (Mason jar, glass bottles, etc).
- Protective gloves
- Spray Bottle
- Mirror finish spray paint
- Cloth/paper towel
- Mix one part water with one part vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spray the glass with a light coat of mirror finish spray paint, then spray again immediately with the vinegar/water mixture.
- Use a cloth and blot the glass and let it dry for about 30 seconds, then repeat the process 6 times.
- Allow the glass to dry completely, then enjoy!