It’s tough to eat vegetables, we know. So many recipes leave them bland, flat, and uninteresting. We tell kids to eat their veggies, but we can’t help but wince when we try to shovel some down. Fortunately, this recipe might change the way you view vegetables. These honey roasted carrots are naturally sweetened and spiced, and they’re just about the easiest thing to make. Check them out.
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced on a bias to 1 1/2-inch long pieces (slice thicker portions into halves)*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, placing carrots on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Make sure carrots are evenly spaced on the baking sheet, then roast for 20 minutes.
Combine honey and vinegar, coating roasted carrots before returning to the oven for 10 to 20 minutes. Remove and add parsley and thyme. Serve and enjoy.