If you are a Southern girl your mama probably told you that you may leave the house without any makeup on, but you cannot leave without a little lipstick on! Lipstick is like the icing on the cake. It simply completes your look and when it looks perfect, you feel like you can conquer the world. Okay, maybe not the world, but at least the grocery store or date night.
So just how do you get that perfect lip?
Here Are 11 Lipstick Hacks Every Girl Should Know:
1. Exfoliate dry lips with a disposable mascara wand. Add a little balm to your pout first, then slough the dry skin away!
2. Keep lipstick off teeth with your finger. Sounds weird, we know! But simply stick your pointer finger in your mouth, wrap lips around it and slowly pull it out. Voila! Any lipstick that would have gotten on your teeth is now on your finger!
3. Match your blush to your lipstick. Sounds complicated, right? It’s not. Use your lipstick as cheek color, just blend it like you would a cream blush.
4. Turn your favorite lipstick into a long-wear version with powder. Apply lipstick, hold a tissue over your mouth, then dust translucent powder over it. A small amount of the powder with get through the tissue locking in your color!
5. Lips too red or pink? Pat concealer over them before applying lipstick to ensure you get the exact color you are looking for.
6. Reshape your lips with lipstick. Cover lips with concealer, trace just outside the natural lip line with a liner. Fill in with pencil, top with gloss. Now your lips look fuller!
7. Want lipstick to last longer? Blot the right way: between applications! Doing this removes excess oils from he first application so that the second one grips better.
8. Perfect your Cupid’s bow. Draw an “x” on the center of your upper lip, then fully line the rest of your lip to give your lipstick something to grip on to.
9. Add pop to your pout. Apply lipstick, the line the outside of your lips with concealer and blend. You will be amazed at how sharp your lips look!
10. Keep lipstick from melting in hot temps. Store your lipsticks in the refrigerator when the temperatures soar to keep them from melting and potentially breaking.
11. Lipstick stain? Use hairspray! Spray the fabric (not if it’s dry clean only!) and let sit a few minutes. Dab the stain and toss into the washer.