When it comes to fashion tips, it sometimes seems that everyone (literally!) has tried-and-true style advice they swear by. Some are useful, while others…well, not so much. With that in mind, we’ve put together 19 style tips to help you out. Trust us. With these gems, you’ll be well on your way to being the most fashion savvy person you know.
19 Fashion Tips Every Girl Needs to Know:
1. Wash your new jeans two times before hemming them. They will always shrink in length when you wash them.
2. Remove odors from thrifted or vintage clothing with 1 part vodka to 2 parts water. (use the cheap stuff!)
3. Get deodorant on your shirt? The protective foam on your hangers will take it off.
4. Lycra is a girl’s best friend. Just 5% will help your jeans retain their shape better.
5. Never (ever) put your swimwear in the dryer.
6. Don’t put on a freshly ironed garment. If it’s still warm, it can cause it to wrinkle.
7. Double stick tape is magical if you happen to repair a hemline in a pinch.
8. Hairspray will remove lipstick and ink stains from clothing.
9. Got oily stains? Dawn dishwashing detergent will do the trick! (Test fabric first, of course.)
10. Watermarks on those new leather boots? Add a few drops of vinegar to cool water and lightly scrub spots with a soft brush. Let dry overnight.
11. Always dry clean your coats before storing them for the summer.
12. Replace bras every 3 – 6 months. They really lose their elasticity after that point.
13. Love patent leather? Keep it shiny with Windex!
14. Don’t underestimate the power of a silk pillowcase. They are much easier on your hair and face.
15. V-necks give the illusion of length.
16. Spray your white shirts with a spritz of lemon juice before washing to prevent yellowing.
17. When you aren’t sure about which denim size you should buy, always go with the smaller one. Denim stretches with time.
18. Accessories instantly transform any outfit from plain to amazing.
19. Never dry your jeans in the dryer.
Do you have any tips you would like to share?
Image Source: Country Outfitter