Remember when your grandmother told you to never judge a book by its cover? You should also not judge the low (fashion) maintenance girl. You know why? Low-maintenance girls are probably enjoying life more than anyone else. Often confused with being lazy, these ladies simply prefer a clutter-free life.
20 Things Only Low (Fashion) Maintenance Women Understand:
1. Sundresses are your favorite because they make it look like you put a little effort into your appearance, though you definitely did not.
2. You don’t own a makeup bag. Who needs that for a single tube of lip gloss and a mascara?
3. Your pajamas are nothing more than old t-shirts. And you love them.
4. Shopping is a chore. You prefer to shop when you have to, like Christmas and stuff like that.
5. Your entire beauty arsenal consists of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, lip gloss and mascara.
6. You have 3 hairstyles: messy bun, messy ponytail and down.
7. Your outfits are really just jeans and t-shirts.
8. You have one pair of shoes that you wear with 95% of your wardrobe. And they are definitely flat.
9. Makeup actually scares you. You understand the basics (lip gloss, mascara) but you watched that Kardashian contouring video on YouTube and you were scarred for life.
10. When you find out you have to wear heels to an event, you are suddenly less excited.
11. But once you get them on, you love the way they make your legs look longer. And you think, “Maybe I should wear them more often!”
12. But after an hour, you remember why you hate them.
13. Your purse is a backpack.
14. You hate going to the hairdresser because every. single. time. you have to tell them that you want low-maintenance (which actually means NO maintenance) because you aren’t about that life.
15. Headbands are your best friends.
16. All of your fashion-forward friends are constantly asking if they can give you a makeover. No, you can’t.
17. You have some nice clothes…somewhere in the back of your closet.
18. You don’t want to grow up because “business casual” sounds a whole lot like living in a nightmare 5 days a week.
19. You prefer glasses to contacts. Who has time for all that mess?
20. People constantly ask if you just worked out. Um, no. This is my outfit for the day.
Photo Source: Instagram/@_chillax_