We aren’t really sure why it is that during the winter months we tend to gravitate toward neutral colors. Maybe it’s because we actually listened to our mothers’ advice and use those colors to hide the pounds we gained through the holiday season. Whatever the reason, we can sometimes get stuck in a rut and end up looking (gasp!) boring.
Luckily, there are a few ways to easily add color into your wardrobe:
1. A bright coral tunic paired with black leggings, a striped scarf and a fun fringed boot adds color yet is still very cozy and comfortable.
2. Purchase a bright coat to wear on gray days. See how her coat stands out on a dreary day. Did it make you smile? We did!
3. A pretty plaid scarf with multiple colors fills your need to hibernate, but you still look great doing it!
4. We love the use of a cardigan sweater in a color that is typically reserved for spring worn in winter to brighten up your look!
View this post on Instagram
It might be snowy and cold, but this photo makes me think of spring. Sweater: #jcrew. Scarf: #steinmart. Tote: #dooneyandbourke #tjmaxx #maxxinista #preppy #prepstyle #prepstyle #prepfashion #winterfashion #jcrewaddict #jcrewstyle #januarystyle #midwestprep #classystyle #outfitshare #instaprep #iloveplaid #fromwhereistand #thinkspring #stayclassy #styleblogger
5. A great pair of boots in a bold color is the perfect way to add a punch of color to your winter wardrobe! And the best part is, you can wear these all year long!
How do you like to add color to your winter wardrobe?