Hey y’all! We have officially hit the most annoying part of the year. We are between seasons with temperatures reaching into the 60’s one day but the next day the ground is covered with ice and snow. The day can also start out in the single digits but hit mid-sixties by noon or the other way around. Bottom line is, we just never know what we are going to get this time of year so layering and transitional dressing is a must-have skill for any girl!
These tips have helped me survive and be appropriately dresses MOST of the time:
1. Tank tops and tees are necessities. You can use these as your “base” layer and build from there. That way, when it warms up, you can remove layers as needed.
2. Wear 2 seasons at one time. Pair a bulky sweater with a skirt and boots for a look that works, and you won’t be too hot or too cold.
3. Leggings are a girl’s best friend. Go ahead and wear that dress you’ve been dying to wear. Just add a pair of leggings or tights to keep your legs warm. You can always take them off if you need to.
4. Cardigans. This may be one of my favorite transitional pieces. I can throw it on when it’s cool and take it off when it warms up. I also like that I can tie it around my waist or shoulders when it’s time to remove it.
5. Jackets. Denim and leather jackets also rank high for me! Not only are they the perfect accessory that can be both dressed up or down, they add a “cool” factor to anything you wear. I love how you can throw one over a spring dress to get the best of both worlds.
That’s how I survive the “in-between” and hope these tips help you too!