No matter what we do or how much we dislike it, summer is quickly fading into fall. But anyone who has spent more than one week in the South knows that the transition from summer weather to fall weather is a process. You can expect to be teased with a few days of cool weather followed by days of heat and humidity. You can also expect some mornings to hover around 45 but by afternoon? The temperatures soar to a high of 85! This means a girl is going to need some mad transitional skills to stay comfortable, no matter what Mother Nature throws at her for the day.
Transitioning Your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall:
1. Wear your shorts with long-sleeved shirts instead of tank tops or tees. Bonus if you layer a tank underneath!
2. Top your maxi and sun dresses with a denim or leather jacket that can be easily removed when the weather warms up.
3. Pair your white articles of clothing with deep jewel tones to extend their life into fall. (Remember when we gave you permission to break the “no white after Labor Day” rule?)
4. Keep wearing those cropped jeans! Just tuck them into your tall boots. No one will know the difference.
5. Layer your tank tops and crop tops with a jacket for an unexpected dressy/casual look that will keep you both warm and cool.
6. You can wear those pastels in the fall! Just pair them with a deep denim.
7. Wear a long-sleeved tee under a short-sleeved tee.
8. Wear those short-sleeved tees you love so much under a cardigan.
9. Add a pair of tights or leggings when wearing your favorite skirt. This will keep your legs warm in the morning, but are easy to shed if it gets too hot.
How do you transition your wardrobe?
Image Source: Country Outfitter