If you watch the show “Fixer Upper,” you know that home decor, organization and house-flipping guru Joanna Gaines is a genius at making even the worst of homes look good — and typically, she does it with very little money.
One of her favorite tricks for taking a home from drab to fab is giving it a good deep clean.
In a recent post on her blog, Joanna shared some of favorite tips for doing spring cleaning right. She suggests getting in “the zone” with a little good music, a sweet-smelling candle and a cute apron.
How to Spring Clean Your Home (According to Joanna Gaines):
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Wipe dust off blinds.
- Shake out your rugs.
- Clean your oven and the microwave.
- Reorganize your pantry.
- Throw out expired condiments from the fridge.
- Vacuum all furniture.
- Replace your air filters.
Bedroom and Closet:
- Rotate or flip your mattress.
- Organize clothes and donate pieces you don’t wear anymore.
- Replace shower curtain liner.
- Wash bath mats.
- Wash toothbrush holder.
- Create a filing system for paperwork or other important documents.
- Toss junk from your drawers.