Anyone can open a jar of salsa and bag of tortilla chips. Contrary to what the Tostitos commercial would have you believe, this simple offering does not make a party. For a real halftime fiesta, you need to step up your game with either one of these tasty shrimp dips. They are easy and can be made ahead of time, so you won’t miss a single play.
- 2 ½ lbs. cooked shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 24 oz. jar of mild salsa
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Creamy Shrimp Dip
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 2 bricks of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 1 carton of sour cream (8 oz.)
- 1 jar of Hot Pace Picante sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
Combine cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the picante sauce and onions. Then add the shrimp. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and ice cold beer.