If you aren’t familiar with Martha Stewart and her media empire, you’re truly missing out on this feeling that only Martha Stewart can bring. The feeling of being totally entertained, inspired and super annoyed. Martha is the OGl DIY-recipe-everything woman and she didn’t ascend the throne because she’s sticky sweet. She got there because she’s got strong opinions and isn’t afraid to tell you about them. Like, she literally talks down to you, but it’s okay because she knows what she’s talking about.
Most recently, Martha has introduced a whole new line of DIY-type tools into her kingdom and she talks about these things that are very much used for manual labor like she designed them for Queen Elizabeth (or more likely, herself). Martha’s got a power washer, an edger, hedge shears, electric pole chainsaw, leaf blower and an electric tiller and cultivator. And they all come in a beautifully trendy mint green color.
Most recently, I actually caught Martha live on QVC schlepping her power washer, which led me to her electric trimmer/weed eater video and let me just say– what a treat. She talks about what the weed eater does like she does it herself at home and like she actually invented this tool.
Here are a few of the amazing things she said while demonstrating the trimmer:
- “This makes it possible to get your lawn JUST the right height.”
- “This lawn is really long, I don’t know why it wasn’t mowed before I got here.”
- “I’m afraid to use those big, heavy weed whackers.”
- “So nice!”
- “I love doing work!”
- “This grass is a little bit long, so I’m not going to do it.”
- “You can use this when someone you hired didn’t exactly get the job done.”
- “Gardners are nice people!”
In this video, she says, “this is mindless, lovely work.” What?!