If we’re being honest, I was pretty unsure about the reasons opened boxes of baking soda were all over people’s kitchens. Then, of course, I figured it out and added my own boxes to my own kitchen and fridge.
But, did you know that baking soda can be used for so much more?
Martha Stewart, homemaking expert, is so committed to baking soda’s versatility she rapped about it.
- Clean counter-tops
- Fridge deodorizer
- Deodorizer for garbage disposal
- Deodorizer for dishwasher
- Remove baked-on residue in the microwave
- To shine tarnished silver, combine three parts baking soda with one part water
- To brighten a dull floor finish, dissolve ½ cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water
- Remove tough stains from enameled cast iron and stainless steel
- Sprinkle soda on crusted casseroles and roasting pans and let sit for five minutes
- Clean old sponges by soaking in baking soda