Michael Phelps isn’t just the greatest Olympian to ever live with 28 medals to his name (23 golds), he’s also a doting new dad. Boomer Robert Phelps was born in May to Phelps and fiancee Nicole Johnson.
During Phelps’ six medal-winning swims in Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Summer Olympics, Boomer had a front row seat to watch his dad swim and after checking out his Instagram, we think he might be headed to the pool and medal stand himself in a few years. (We’re not pressuring him or anything, but Phelps was the youngest US swimmer to make an Olympic team in 2000 at the age of 15.)
7 Super Cute Photos of Michael Phelps’ Son That Have Us Excited for 2032:
1. Boomer works on his stroke while he sleeps. That’s dedication.
2/3. Boomer smiles while working on his backstroke.
4. Boomer wakes up happy, which will make those early mornings in the pool a lot easier to deal with.
5. Dad told Boomer about Katie Ledecky’s stroke and how she breathes only to the right side. So, he’s already working on that just in case he doesn’t get dad’s wingspan.
6. Boomer isn’t afraid to try on a gold medal just to see what it feels like. He likes it.
7. Boomer knows when it’s time to rest, it’s time to rest. And that you can never stretch too much.