It’s easy to think that, because of her success and ability to turn anything she touches into gold, Joanna Gaines isn’t just like the rest of us. But, she continues to prove that isn’t the case and she is, in fact, simply human.
And just like the rest of us, Joanna Gaines gets that itch after the holidays wind down to organize and clean her house as we endure the rest of winter and anxiously await spring.
In a blog post on the Magnolia website, Joanna shared her tip for cleansing your home after the holidays.
“When the gifts have been opened, the tree has been taken down and Christmas has passed, I start to crave simplicity and fresh inspiration in my home,” Joanna said in the post.
“There’s a moment every year after the decorations have been packed away where the house feels a little bare, but I like to look at this as my opportunity to approach our home with fresh eyes.”
Enter: Joanna Gaines’ 5-Ingredient Stovetop Potpourri.
“A simmer pot is essentially a stovetop potpourri,” she shared. “I love the ease of throwing these ingredients into a pot of water and letting it fill our house with clean scents all day long.”
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. of dried lavender
- 2-3 lemon slices (or just the peels)
- Lavender essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Bring a few cups of water to a simmer, and gently place the rosemary, lavender and lemon slices into the water.
- Add a few drops of lavender and rose oils until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to low and let simmer for a few hours.
- Check the pot every 30 minutes or so and add water to the mix as needed!