17 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Older, If You Don’t Try Them Now

-

We all want to live our life to the fullest. And we all want to do something that is meaningful; to us, as well as to other people. Remember … it’s not too late to still do the things you enjoy the most!

17 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Older, If You Don’t Try Them Now:

1. Not Traveling More
What’s stopping you from going and seeing the world right now? All it takes is a small step in that direction. It doesn’t matter if you’re not the most adventurous person. Every grand adventure starts with a small step.

2. Not Learning Another Language
What good is the three years of Spanish you took in school if you don’t ever apply it?

3. Staying in a Bad Relationship
It’s not worth spending your precious time in a relationship that doesn’t help you grow. No one who ever gets out of a bad relationship looks back without wishing they made the move sooner.


4. Staying at a Terrible Job
Everyone has bills and taking jobs we aren’t exactly enthusiastic about is often necessary to stay afloat. But if you’re in a job you hate, try looking for a way to improve your situation instead of simply accepting it.

5. Working Too Much
Being a hard worker is a great trait to have. But let’s be realistic … no one looks back from their deathbed and wishes they spent more time at the office, but they do wish they spent more time with family, friends, and hobbies.

6. Holding on to Grudges
What’s the point of re-living the anger over and over? Let it go. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. If there’s someone in your life who deserves another chance, give it to them. If you need to apologize, do it.

7. Letting Society Define You
Don’t let your gender, race, age, socioeconomic status, or religion hold you back from following your dreams. Find your passion and be strong enough to live it — despite whatever ‘society’ says.

8. Worrying About Everything
Remember this old adage: “95 percent of the time, what you worry about won’t come to pass, and the remaining 5 percent will happen whether you worry or not, so what’s the point of fretting?” Be present, be mindful and remember there isn’t anything you can’t handle, so stop fretting.

9. Not Exercising
You don’t need to be a gym rat to make healthy living a priority. Regular exercise has been shown to improve health in numerous ways. If a gym isn’t your scene, go for a hike, take a jog, ride your bike or do yoga.

10. Not Spending Time with Your Kids
Invest in time with you your child and you invest in making the world a better place. Play with them and listen to them because you have the choice of planting the seeds for a brighter tomorrow.

11. Fulfilling Everyone Else’s Dreams, Instead of Your Own
Supporting others is a beautiful thing, but not when it means you never get to shine. Steve Jobs once said: “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”

12. Never Taking a Big Risk
Choosing to take a risk could end up changing your life. Don’t be afraid to go after what you want.

13. Not Learning How to Cook
Even learning how to prepare one, simple and delicious meal will give you a sense of satisfaction. Besides, who doesn’t like learning something new!

14. Being Afraid to Say “I Love You”
Saying those three little words can be intimidating, but missing your chance could be devastating. If you truly feel it, let the other person know.

15. Caring Too Much About What Others Think
No matter what you do, there will always be someone who criticizes you. Old people don’t care what others think. Neither should you.

16. Neglecting Your Teeth
Brush. Floss. Get regular checkups. It will all have seemed so maddeningly easy when you have to get dentures.

17. Not Using Sunscreen
While you might be purposefully forgoing sunscreen in hopes of getting a golden tan, you could be seriously damaging your skin. Wrinkles, moles and skin cancer can be avoided if you protect yourself.

Adam Bailey
Born in Louisiana and raised in Alabama, Adam has lived, worked, and adventured all over the world: Australia, Zimbabwe, and Italy just to name a few. He claims he is jack-of-all-trades and an expert in none,Adam was a professional raft guide for thirteen years before settling down in Shreveport with his wife, Erin, and dog, Charley. When not writing, Adam works as an Urban Planner who enjoys his time off rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle boarding, and kayaking.

Must Read

John Cena Becomes High School Guidance Counselor for a Day [Watch]

When you are a high school kid with an appointment to see your guidance counselor, let’s just say it doesn’t usually end up as...