There’s nothing like a refreshing salad on a summer day. The perfect mixture of greens, tangy dressing, and fruit isn’t something you can just pass up. And as a bonus you feel like you’re putting something worthwhile in your body. This strawberry avocado salad is one you don’t want to miss out on, with the perfect mix of sweet and tangy for a hot summer day. Try it out.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 6-8 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3-4 thinly sliced rings of red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Grill chicken breast to your liking.
Place spinach, strawberries, and red onion in a bowl, then toss with dressing. Add avocado, chicken, feta and almond on top, then serve and enjoy!