Kevin Hart Finally Speaks Out Following September Car Crash

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Kevin Hart has been rather quiet since the September car crash in which he suffered major back injuries. But on Thursday (Oct. 10,) the actor started speaking out.

“I have nothing but love for Jared (Black) and wish him and Rebecca (Broxterman) a speedy recovery,” Hart said in the statement to People, referring to the two other people in the car with him when the Sept. 1 crash occurred.

[RELATED: Comedian Kevin Hart Continues to Recover From Major Injuries Following Car Accident]

Hart’s attorney Andrew Brettler also told the magazine that Hart won’t return fully back to work until early next year.

“While he’s doing a little work here and there for the film, he doesn’t expect to be fully back to work until the new year,” Brettler said.

The statements come at the same time that the California Highway Patrol released a report saying that the accident was caused as a result of ‘reckless driving,’ with some reports going as far to say that the passengers may have not had their seat belts on at the time of the crash.

Hart spent 10 days in the hospital following the crash.

[RELATED: Dwayne Johnson Speaks Out About Co-Star Kevin Hart’s Recovery from Car Accident]

“Everything is good, I spoke with Kevin, I actually refer to him as my son,” Hart’s Jumanji co-star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson said during an appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show last month. “These things happen in life, and thank God he was strapped in tight to his car seat. We spoke to the pediatrician and he’s doing very well. He’s bummed he couldn’t be here, as you know, but l love the guy. He’s one of my best friends. Thank God, it could’ve been a lot worse. He’s a lucky man. I wish him the best.”