Things Are Getting Messier for Lori Loughlin as College Admissions Case Continues

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Every day, the college admissions scandal seems to get a whole lot messier for former Fuller House actress Lori Loughlin.

On Friday (Jan. 10,) federal prosecutors in the case accused some of the parents, including Loughlin, of withholding evidence despite their many requests. This evidence, also referred to as discovery material, is to be shared by both sides prior to trial.

[RELATED: Lori Loughlin Strikes Back, Says She Was Tricked by Mastermind of College Admissions Scandal Rick Singer]

And so far, that hasn’t happened.

“The government disagrees with the defendants’ assertion that it is premature to provide their own discovery,” the filing states, according to CNN. “The government contends that it has complied with its discovery obligations and continues to comply with them. It is not premature to provide discovery, which they can later supplement, to the government as required by the rules.”

However, the defense has the same argument, stating that prosecutors haven’t offered up all of their discovery materials either.

“The defendants have filed certain motions to compel … and do not agree that the government has yet complied with its discovery obligations,” defense attorneys said.

What a mess.

[RELATED: Lori Loughlin’s Daughters Might Be Facing Some Legal Trouble For College Admissions Scandal Too]

This whole fiasco began for Loughlin when she and her husband Mossimo Giannulli were accused of paying $500,000 to get their daughters into University of Southern California. Last year, the couple pleaded not guilty to a number of assertions, including conspiracy to commit fraud, conspiracy to commit money laundering and bribery.