“Desperate Housewives” Star Marcia Cross Opens Up About Cancer Battle

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Each and every year, millions of lives are touched by the pains of cancer. But sometimes, it’s the cancer battles of the famous that seems to get the most attention.

Most recently, “Desperate Housewives” and “Quantico” star Marcia Cross opened up about her own cancer battle, one that she seemed to keep quiet until earlier this month when she shared an Instagram photo of her iconic red hair cut short.

“So grateful and happy to be alive but sad that my hair fell out and is about 1-inch-long now and looks cra cra,” Cross wrote on Sept. 15. “Anyone else have hairless due to cancer? Talk to me. I feel you.”

As her fans quickly expressed concern for Cross’ health battles, she further opened up about the struggles she has been going through.

“I am so sorry my post wasn’t clear,” she wrote. “I am POST cancer. All good now. Hard journey, but I am HEALTHY, happy, and more present and grateful than ever. Thank you from the bottom of my ever expanding heart for all of your LOVE.”

In fact, the 56-year-old said coming clean with what she’s been going through via her battle with anal cancer has helped her to further heal.

“After posting a picture of myself here and uttering the words #cancer and #hairloss, I felt liberated, deliriously free and completely me,” she said. “How or why this simple act gave me such a powerful lift I did not question, but I thanked God or whatever gave me the internal push to move forward and expose myself.”

View this post on Instagram

Xo M.❤️❌⭕️🙏🏼

A post shared by reallymarcia (@reallymarcia) on

We are so glad that you are in the road to recovery Marcia!

 

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest