Many of you girls with natural curls consider it both a blessing and a curse. While your hair can be very voluminous, bouncy and all-around gorgeous, it can often be unruly, dry and difficult to manage. Taking care of your curly mane is an art that takes a while to getting it right. We asked hairstylist, Aimee Gatlin of Glamorous Salon if she had any tips to make curly hair management, easier. She had a lot of them!
16 Tips For Girls With Curly Hair That Will Change Your Life:
1. Know your curl type. Different curls require different care and maintenance.
2. Treat it right. Using a weekly treatment will make all the difference in the world.
3. Never brush it. Never, ever.
4. Use a wide-tooth comb right when you get out of the shower.
5. Don’t touch it. The less you touch it, the better it will be.
6. Throw away your towels and use a t-shirt instead.
7. Sea salt spray will be your best friend. It works!
8. A diffuser is a must. Do not attempt to dry your hair without one.
9. If you have fine, curly hair, a spray lotion or gel is best to help manage those wild curls.
10. If your hair is coarse, start with a smoothing cream and add a light curling gel if you need additional control.
11. Don’t always use shampoo when you “wash” it. Just use conditioner.
12. Sleeping on a satin pillow will help keep frizz at bay.
13. Keep it trimmed. Split ends cause hair to appear frizzier than it actually is.
14. Don’t ever let a stylist cut your hair while it’s wet if you want to make sure you get the length you want.
15. Frizz control products really do work. Just don’t overdo them. A dime-sized amount will do!
16. It may not be convenient, but air-dry when possible!
We hope this helped! Do you have any tips for girls with curly hair?
Image Source: Big Stock