When it comes to celebrities, it’s hard to know which ones are actually as nice in real life as they seem from our perspective, but there are some who you just know are good, kind-hearted people. The National League of Junior Cotillions released their list of the best-mannered people of 2017 (shoutout to my mom who made me attend junior cotillion from ages 12-16), and while I don’t know how they really decide who gets to be on this list, it’s filled with some of my favorite people!
“Fixer Upper’s” Joanna Gaines made no. 4 on the list, while “Duck Dynasty’s” Sadie Robertson came in at no. 5. Thomas Rhett made the list at no. 8, and Prince Harry’s fiancee Meghan Markle closed it out at no. 10.
(Coincidentally, this is also very similar to the list of 10 celebrities I’d like to have dinner with.)
10 Best-Mannered People in 2017:
- Rickie Fowler – for consistently well-mannered conduct both on and off the golf course.
- Aly Raisman – for dignity and courage in coming forward as a victim of abuse.
- Deshaun Watson – for generously donating to aid Hurricane Harvey victims in Houston and for publicly admitting he was wrong after an instance of less-than-mannerly conduct.
- Joanna Gaines – for kindness to fans, family, and television audience.
- Sadie Robertson – for authenticity and grace.
- David Beckham – for positively impacting the lives of children around the world through his work with UNICEF and the 7 Fund.
- Selena Gomez – for being a strong role model for fans while growing up in the public spotlight.
- Thomas Rhett – for inspiring fans through his music to value family, relationships, and above all, character.
- Matt Kuchar – for poise in both victory and defeat as a golfer.
- Meghan Markle – for considerable grace under pressure as a new member of the royal family.