If you’ve spent any significant period of time in the south, you know that biscuits and gravy are basically a way of life. This biscuits and gravy bake is so easy to make and is perfect for serving up for a Saturday morning breakfast, or when you just want breakfast for dinner.
How To Make a Biscuits and Gravy Bake:
- Non-stick spray
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can biscuits, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, then drain excess liquid.
- Sprinkle flour all over the sausage, cooking for another minute.
- Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over milk and bring mixture to a boil.
- Whisk mixture together, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Place half of the quartered biscuits on the bottom of the baking dish and pour gravy mixture on top.
- Top with remaining quartered biscuits an brush with butter.
- Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Crack black pepper on top and garnish with chives.
- Serve hot!