I love the idea of making homemade pizza, but it never quite turns out the way I’d like it, and I usually end up wishing I’d just ordered takeout instead.
This recipe for cooking pizza in your cast iron skillet is the one exception– it’s super easy and can be altered depending on your taste preferences, but it will give you that crispy, fresh-out-the-oven taste you’re craving.
How To Make Pizza in Your Cast Iron Skillet:
- 1 ball frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
- Dried Oregano, for serving
- Other toppings of choice (i.e. sausage, bacon, mushrooms, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll your pizza dough out on a floured surface to the size of your cast iron skillet.
- Place the dough in the skillet, then top with sauce, cheese pepperoni, parmesan, and any other ingredients you’d like inside.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Serve hot!