Fried pickles are what I would consider one of the finer things in life– and making them at home is a lot easier than you might think! Serve them up for the super bowl, a tailgate or just because you want some fried pickles (let’s face it– who doesn’t?).
How To Make Your Own Fried Pickles:
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups sliced dill pickles, drained
- Heat up an inch of peanut oil in a pot or skillet on medium high until the oil reaches 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, a 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1/2 cup of water in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread pickles on paper towels and pat dry, then add half of them to the batter and toss to coat.
- Remove from the batter and add to the oil one at a time and fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towels to dry.
- Repeat with all pickles and serve with sauce of choice!