In the cold winter months, I’m always craving a tasty chicken noodle soup. I’m also always looking for an excuse to use my Crock-Pot, so this recipe really is the best of both worlds! There are a lot of ingredients, but don’t let it intimidate you! The recipe is really simple and straight forward. Trust me, once you try this, you’ll never want to go back to canned soup!
How To Make Flavorful Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano or dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 oz. pasta
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Combine chicken, onion, carrots, oregano, celery, rosemary, bay leaf, and garlic in a slow cooker, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth on top of the mixture, then cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred, and throw away the bay leaf.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker, add pasta and cook for 20-30 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!